The last couple of times I’ve been working on projects I’ve found it really tricky to tell them apart on the home network, especially when using SSH to connect. I decided to document them once and for all, noting down the Pi version, software and IP address. I was surprised to find that I’m currently on Pi number 22, with a couple of others lined up for future projects!
To be fair many of these are doing menial jobs around the house like looking out for the postman, monitoring the cats or dishing up digital entertainment of some sort. Many have also been sourced second-hand on the likes of Gumtree – I just can’t resist a bargain Pi.
It was a fun exercise though, and worthwhile – making sure they were all up to date, had their default passwords changed etc. I think I have enough to see us through the Summer projects at least.
The blue streak conceals the current Pi project, a lovely looking dual-purpose appliance from way back in 1963. If it isn’t destroyed in the process we should be painting it this weekend & tidying up the final code, pics & video coming soon!